HousekeeperAugust 11, 2019
Executive Assistant (Weekends Only)August 11, 2019
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant License is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and perform basic math computations as needed.
- Previous long term care experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists residents with personal care needs, i.e. bathing, dressing, ambulating, lifting, transferring, feeding, toileting, fall prevention, daily reminders, etc.
- Assists residents with simple housekeeping as needed between weekly cleaning performed by housekeeper
- Launders bedding and personal laundry.
- Assists residents with participation in social activities
- Assists residents at time of admission and helps familiarize them to their new community
- Demonstrates an attitude of positivity and cooperation toward residents, guests and teammates
- Utilizes infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care
- Observes residents and notes any changes in physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc., reporting to the nurse on duty, Director of Resident care of the Executive Director.
- Be alert to the needs of residents and ready to respond
- Communicates effectively with teammates and subsequent shifts
- Treats all resident information as confidential
- Attends required in-services and staff meetings as scheduled
- May be required to work overtime in an emergency situation or back up absent staff. Will be required to be available in case of natural disaster
- Works cooperatively with teammates on flexible scheduling aimed at preventing absenteeism and promoting continuity of care
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Should be patient, flexible, and gentle, have a sense of humor and be able to have fun.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgment.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR licensed and trained in first aid, preferred not required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
|Reports to||Resident Care Director|
|Reporting to this position||This position has no supervisory responsibilities|
|Job Classification||Department Staff|
|Position Purpose||Assist residents with activities of daily living, foster independence and encourage participation in meaningful activities.|