- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and perform basic math computations as needed.
- Previous long term care experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Executive Director according to required department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintains a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Executive Director.
- Be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- Adhere to infection control policies at all times.
- Adhere to correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- Completes resident laundry when necessary.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Operates environmental services equipment (e.g., vacuums, floor cleaners, buffers, shampooers, etc.).
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, door frames and other high surfaces.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags and containers.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of resident rooms and prepares rooms for new admissions; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
- Makes supply packs for departments and puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Takes supply requests and delivers them.
- Delivers linen to departments according to pre-established par levels and schedules.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Assists with evacuations, when needed.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgement.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring attitude.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.