Michigan House Senior Living’s secure, specialized memory care wing– is a small, serene experience where our residents and their guests feel safe and healthy. Our staff is a dedicated, experienced, and compassionate team of caregivers that provide personalized attention to your loved ones needs.
Few illnesses take their toll on families like dementia, Alzheimer’s and severe memory loss. Michigan House Senior Living’s memory care environment is a calm, inviting and safe setting that encourages independence. Therapies and sensory activities aim to alleviate stress, decrease restlessness and prompt memories. Our skilled and compassionate staff members understand and respect each resident. Our team has been specially trained to communicate with and care for those with severe memory loss.
Stimulating mind, body, and spirit
Despite memory loss, we recognize our residents as individuals. Each has a unique history, hobbies, and interests. Our goal is to help our residents enjoy enriching experiences and maintain their quality of life. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar items to personalize private rooms.
Safe and secure
Our memory care environment is specially designed for the needs of those with cognitive issues. The inviting shared space is an open floor plan so residents are visible to staff at all times. Our advanced security system means your loved one is monitored around the clock.
Here are just a few of the other things you will find when you join our Memory Care community:
- 24-hour staffing
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Medication management and administration
- Specialized care assessments
- Three freshly-prepared meals and snacks with special attention to dietary needs
- Housekeeping & Laundry services
- Recreation and entertainment
- Onsite beauty salon and spa
- Visiting physicians & professional services
- Therapy & hospice services available
- Spiritual support & pastoral care