Executive Assistant (Weekends Only)August 11, 2019
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and perform basic math computations as needed.
- Previous long-term care experience preferred.
- Satisfactory references, background check, drug screen, pre-employment physical with no working restrictions and current PPD (or chest x-ray) for tuberculosis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Michigan House Senior Living follows the universal worker staffing model. Respond to and complete work order requests in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Perform repairs/preventative maintenance to building equipment or systems, including electrical, plumbing or heating/cooling; painting or assisting with new construction as directed
- Complete routine repairs including replacing damaged windows, repairing fixtures or appliances
- Safely coordinate and move the furniture, possessions, and large equipment of the residents or of the facility
- Assist in monitoring and reporting the status of departmental equipment and supplies and use them economically
- Routine maintenance
- Painting of vacant apartments as directed by Executive Director.
- Carpet cleaning in resident apartments and general community areas as directed
- Upholstery cleaning as directed
- Responsible for weeding flower beds.
- Responsible to assure exits are clear of snow and ice in winter and that salt is properly applied and removed to prevent “slip and fall accidents.”
- Will routinely inspect the exterior of the building – including all sidewalks and parking areas and take appropriate action to assure optimal condition is maintained.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Able to lift 50lbs or more.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgment.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
|Reports To||Executive Director|
|Reporting to this position||This position has no supervisory responsibilities|
|Job Classification||Department Staff|
|Position Purpose||Maintains the center in good repair and ensure all systems are in compliance with applicable safety and fire regulations and federal, state and local building codes to ensure a safe, comfortable environment.|