Dietary AideAugust 11, 2019
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and perform basic math computations as needed.
- Previous long term care experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and lead quality programming for resident in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality.
- Perform and participate in one-on-one activities for individual residents based upon their functional level, including but not limited to, playing music, reading and conversation.
- Participate in resident outings and bus trips.
- Expertise in working with individuals who have memory loss and dementia
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgment.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR licensed and trained in first aid, preferred not required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
|Job Category||Life Enrichment|
|Reports to:||Life Enrichment Director|
|Reporting to This Position:||This position has no supervisory responsibilities.|
|Job Classification:||Department Staff|
|Position Purpose:||Organizes and executes all administrative and operational activities of the Activities Department.|