Life Enrichment Assistant (Weekends Only)August 11, 2019
Dietary CookAugust 11, 2019
Minimum requirements include one of the following:
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Two years’ experience in foodservice. Prior experience in healthcare foodservice preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares dining and tray service according to menus and follows therapeutic diet order.
- Has knowledge of menu items and can provide general description to the guests/residents
- Direct and assist floor staff in serving meals, maintain cleanliness of the food preparation and storage areas, wash and sanitize dishes.
- Routine contact with soiled dishes/pots/pans, commercial detergents/sanitizers and hot water on a daily basis.
- Operate typical food service equipment such as a food processor, mixer, oven or range.
- Practice safe handling of kitchen knives.
- Operate a low temperature dishwashing machine.
- Constant contact with residents and staff; must be courteous and use good judgment.
- Responsible for meals and beverages and serving requested items according to established dietary guidelines.
- Responds to the dining needs of the residents while maintaining Sunrise hospitality and service standards.
- Prepares and delivers snacks and nourishments as directed.
- Obtains food and supplies for meal service as directed.
- Maintains accurate records of guests/resident’s dietary needs.
- Follows all local, state and federal policies regarding food handling.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, hygiene and health standards.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgement.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Mathematical and numerical skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Positive interpersonal relationship skills, including with persons of all ages and cultures.
- Current awareness of relevant regulations and standards of care.
- Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
- Ability to lift and carry in excess of 50 pounds.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
|Food & Nutrition Services
|Reporting to this position
|This position has no supervisory responsibilities
|Performs a variety of tasks with may require cooking skills in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to residents.